Who are School of Coding?
- We teach computer science and coding to children and adults. Working in partnership with three major universities and over 100 primary & secondary schools in the UK, we deliver after school clubs, coding workshops, holiday clubs, and adult education courses. Our mission is to engage, inspire and create tech leaders of tomorrow from a young age.
What is the age range?
- Here at School of Coding we teach children from the age of 6 and all the way up to 18. Our adult education is suitable for ages 18+.
Where are you based?
- We are based at Unit 8, Newton Court, Pendeford Business Park, Wolverhampton WV9 5HB
What types of payment do you accept?
- We accept cash payment or bank transfers.
Do your staff have DBS checks?
- All our staff have enhanced DBS checks and are trained in safeguarding.
Do you accept childcare vouchers?
- Unfortunately we don’t accept childcare vouchers.
What happens if my child can’t attend one of their lessons?
- As long as we have been notified 24 hours in advance we won’t charge for the lesson but if not 50% of the lesson fee will be payable.
When do the lessons take place?
- We have groups available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening and Saturdays. We also have 1:2:1 tuition Monday-Saturday.
Does my child need to bring anything with them to tuition?
- The only thing they need to bring is a USB so they can save the work that they have been working on.
Does the tuition run the half terms and summer holidays?
- Our tuition runs all throughout the year except for 2 weeks at Christmas.
Can my child take their GCSE Computer Science exam with you?
- We have all the material for the whole GCSE curriculum so children are able to obtain their Computer Science GCSE at School of Coding. They would just need to take the exam in a school which we can make all the arrangements for.
How long is each session?
- Group sessions are for 1 hour and 1:2:1 can be for 1 hour or more.
I FAQs – Holiday Clubs
What are the holiday clubs?
- The holiday clubs are fun education workshops we offer during the half-terms and holidays. Children can enjoy different types of coding activities and virtual reality throughout the day.
Do they have to have any coding experience?
- No, the children can be new to coding and have some experience. We cater for all levels of experience, so there will be something for all children.
Do they need to bring anything with them?
- We suggest that they bring a packed lunch so they have something to eat at lunchtime and also a USB if they would like to save the work they have been doing.
What is the cost of a holiday club?
- The cost for the full day holiday camp is £25.
What are the times of the holiday clubs?
- It depends on the location so it will either be a 9am or 9:30 start and 4pm finish.