School of Coding Limited recognises that in our society power is not held equally and that groups and individuals have been and continue to be discriminated against on many grounds including, for example, race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, class, religion, marital status and where they live.
School of Coding Limited also recognises that where direct or indirect discrimination occurs within the School of Coding Limited it is both morally and legally unacceptable.
The purpose of the Equality and Diversity Policy is to set out clearly and fully the positive action the School of Coding Limited intends to take to combat direct and indirect discrimination in the organisation, in the services it provides and in its relationships with other bodies.
In adopting this Equality and Diversity Policy, School of Coding Limited is also making an unequivocal commitment to implementing it, so as to ensure that equal opportunity becomes a reality.
Code of Practice
- School Of Coding Limited helps and support male and female victims of Domestic Violence within south Asian communities. we will take every necessary action possible to ensure that our services are open and welcoming to everybody who needs to access it.
- We aim to make our services and events accessible to people with disabilities – e.g. meet inaccessible premises, provide sign language interpreters when necessary and produce information in large print and different languages.
- We provide interpreters in foreign and any other language we can to support the people who access our service and attending meetings, so everyone can participate.
- We aim to use local training opportunities to help our team have better understand how discrimination occurs and how to prevent it.
- All directors and volunteers will have the Equality and Diversity Policy explained to them and will undertake to comply with and implement this policy.
- Any staff member or member of the public who has experienced discrimination can make complaints to the directors, who will be easily accessible and present at all the meetings. If the director is unable to resolve the complaint, it will be referred to the board of directors and CEO.
Code of Conduct
- People will be treated with dignity and respect regardless of race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability and/or age.
- At all times people’s feelings will be valued and respected. Language or humour that people find offensive will not be used, e.g. sexist or racist jokes or terminology which is derogatory to someone with a disability.
- No one will be harassed, abused or intimidated on the ground of his or her race, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability or age. Incidents of harassment will be taken seriously.
Dealing with Complaints
- The company will take complaints of discrimination and harassment very seriously.
- The board will investigate them thoroughly and provide opportunities for the person making the complaint to speak in a safe environment about their experience.
- If the complaint is against a particular individual, the company will hear their point of view.
- The company will decide the action to take based on the principle of ensuring the continued inclusion and safety of any member who has experienced discrimination or harassment.
- Any decision to terminate someone’s employment/volunteering contract will be made in line with the rules set out in the constitution.
This policy will be reviewed every two years.
Company Number: 10808021